Saturday, September 20th
11:00 am – 6:00 PM
Memorial Park, Pasadena
San Gabriel Valley Pride LGBT Festival will be Saturday, September 20th from 11am to 6pm in Pasadena’s Memorial Park, Levitt Pavilion and Holly Street. “Reflections of Pride” is FREE to the public and marks the 45th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots (which many cite as the beginning of the modern movement for LGBT Civil Rights.
- New this year will be entertainment in the Levitt Pavilion. Top-notch entertainment will cover the breadth of the LGBT experience in music, song and dance.
- Also new this year will be a Health Fair. Walgreens, Pasadena Health Department and LA County Public Health will anchor the area as exhibitors address the general health concerns of ALL (Youth, Senior, Men, Women).
- New History and Heritage Village. The National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists will present both a Queer Scientists of Historical Note and their brand new Queer Scientists of Contemporary Note displays.
- Returning will be the Classic Car & Motorcycle Show on Holly Street featuring pre-1985 vehicles: domestic and foreign, hardtop and convertible, motorcycle as well as newer “vehicles of special interest.”.
- The Big Draw LA is a community draw experience that has festival-goers of all ages draw/paint/create a road tile that will be placed in our Road to Equality which will be on display.
- A family area will have other activities.
- An Authors’ Forum will present readings/signings of books that speak to the rainbow of the LGBT experience.
- Pasadena Humane Society will have pets seeking their forever home.
- An Adult-only area will feature free Drag Queen Bingo from the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence that will make you laugh and make some blush; Barefoot Wines is featured in a Wine Tasting fundraiser and erotic art will be on display.